analytics

11 Aug 2010

Baking and Nothing!

So yesterday I couldn't really be arsed to write anything, my day mainly consisted of baking and being a slaved like a bitch by children who are old enough to know better!  I was rudely awoken by the alarm clock going off, I'd turned my alarm back on to a work week as I'm going back on Wednesday. I forgot to change the days accordingly and was therefore awake, at 7am on a Monday morning. Needless to say I had a not impressed face until I was on my second cup of PG Tips and shovelling warm pain au chocolat twisted style into my pie hole! It's times like these that I Thank God for Sainsbury's. 

 K's friend came over on the promise of doing some baking all together but they soon got bored of that so I was left, like a lonesome little Nigella in the kitchen... Mr Wright knew it was going to get messy. Usually when I cook, I use every available cooking item we own. I made sun dried tomato, cheese and ham scones. I was going to take a photo but they had gone before they were cold and the two ugly looking ones went to a JPDD who always bites my arm off for any leftover bits that haven't been eaten by the time word gets to him that I have baked! I also made flapjack and my amazing chocolate mousse cheesecake. I don't know why it is called that because it's never seen a cheese!  It would be at this point that you all ask for the recipe and usually I would tell you to F off but I was singing again today for the first time in ages and I'm in a brilliant mood so here it is

Miss Mamo's Amazing Never Seen a Cheese Chocolate Cheesecake!

So to make my amazing cheesecake you will need the following ingredients, I don't work on weight as I made this whole thing up so use a packet full of each unless I state otherwise....

2 x Sainsbury's Basics Milk Chocolate
1 x Elmlea Double (the blue one, get the size that costs about 80p in Sainsbury's 
1 x Sainsbury's Basics Digestive Biscuits
2 x Egg Whites
1 x Egg Yolk
1/4 Small Can of Golden Syrup
100g Butter (I know this because my clever butter manufacturer tells me on the packet!)
Small Shake of Icing Sugar
Small Shake of caster sugar
Large Handful of Rolled Oats

And this is how you do it! You will probably find a way to do this with less equipment than I used, but have I mentioned I use ALL the pots in the kitchen EVERY time I cook, as Mr Wright, he will tell you how untidy I am in general!

  •  Wizz the biscuits in your food processor until it's crumb like with some big bits in still.
  • Melt the butter and golden syrup in a pan until it's a pourable liquid
  • Mix the biscuits, oats and butter/golden syrup liquid in a bowl until all covered and starting to stick together. Press it all into a bowl and smooth the surface with a fish slice or something like... Put it in the fridge until set.
  • Melt the chocolate however you usually do it, i use the bowl over pan of water method, but I use a metal bowl after an incident of sheer dickheadedness that resulted in a plastic bowl melting into the pan and molten chocolate going everywhere and I don't mean in the sorts of places that you could lick off! 
  • Whilst the chocolate is melting, get out your whisker and whisk the egg whites and the caster sugar together and whisk until it looks like meringue, then set it aside, I'll come back to that later. 
  • Don't forget to check on the chocolate, it should be done by now. Turn the stove off and leave the bowl of chocolate on the pan. 
  • Whisk the cream and icing sugar until it goes into peaks, stir in the chocolate now and keep whisking until the peaks are stiff.
  • Using a metal spoon, add the meringue to the chocolate cream but be gentle with it!
  • When it's all mixed in, it should look a light brown colour, then you can top the base with this, make it interesting, form peaks on the top...they will set hard like that and it looks nice :D and leave it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
Serve it when you like, it can last about 4 days but it is lush and I can assure you that it will not be in the fridge for long!

Then, the unthinkable happened! I tidied some of it up and had a cup of tea and a long sit down!  The kids got bored then and we went to the Humber Bridge country park and walked half of the Pheonix Sculpture Trail and then went and got a McFlurry each and came back home. It was nice to blow off the cobwebs after all that kitchen heat on the sunniest afternoon in ages! We had some tea and the kids watched DVDs until about midnight. One of them, not sure which though, had the clever idea of setting the alarm on a mobile to go off just before 9am. I'd go as far as saying it was not the brightest idea in the world, they were both sleeping again by 11am!

The kids went to Beverley Westwood with Misteright this afternoon and I stayed home and did some comping, 3 loads of laundry and the hoovering! it's such an exciting life!


No comments:

copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...