analytics

21 Jul 2011

Sharing With The World #2 - Handmade Bracelets

As part of my Sharing With The World series of posts I have decided to share some crafty stuff today as part of the cool blog-hop Handmade Thursday - Inspire Me Beautiful from the lovely @Mummiafelice from White Lily Green.

Inspire Me Beautiful

So you all know by now that I love crafting when I'm not busy being your friendly neighbourhood Green Grocer!  I really love jewellery making but it is very time consuming and then I thought about experimenting with beading elastic instead of memory wire.  I have since discovered that the results are equally as pretty but I can knock up a bracelet in less than thirty minutes start to finish!  Amazing, huh? 

I'm not gonna teach Granny to suck eggs as I know a few of you already make jewellery a hell of a lot better than I ever could so I will just show you the end results and tell you that the beading elastic came from Hobbycraft and the beads were part of a kit that Misteright bought me for Chrimbletide a few years ago combined with some other ones that I acquired from Miss Best's crafting bag last year.  The picture below is the result, I am rather proud because they were the last of the beads that I had been avoiding using as I did not think they would look any good, I must admit I was wrong!  There are three different bracelets in the picture but they were designed to be worn altogether. 


I would really like to know what you all think as I may start selling these when my lazy bum gets round to opening an Etsy shop, finally...

7 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely bracelet x

Anonymous said...

I've not dont much jewellery making really, but have used memory wire. I'll give the elastic a go though thanks for the info.
Yes, I think the beads look really lovely!

Jo Bryan said...

I love the colours very natural and earty tones, I am impressed, i only know how to break bead bracelets!!! hehe
Definitely take up jewellery making they look great!

WhiteLily said...

I love the colours! The 3 look great together don't they! You should sell them ;)

Thank for linking up!!

Isis1981uk said...

Would love to make jewellery - they're lovely.

Ms Gilly Clara said...

Funny that you didn't think those last beads would look any good - they make a lovely bracelet! Might have to take up a new hobby :-)

test said...

Wow...Such a beautiful bracelets.i am also fond of designer jewelry.i have good collection of branded beaded jewelry.Your designs are amazing.

copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...